You want to copy HTML dropdown list options from a web page. You do right-click on the dropdown list. Oh my God !!! There is no option to do it. This article explains how to extract dropdown list options using Notepad++.
1. Open site.
2. Now you need to get the HTML source of the dropdown list:
For Firefox with Firebug:
Right Click on HTML Dropdownlist, Select Inspect Element and In firebug, Right click and click copy InnerHTML option.
Press F12, click the arrow sign in to developer tools and Select Dropdownlist. Now you will see HTML source is selected in developer tools, right-click and click copy InnerHTML option.
Right Click on HTML Dropdownlist, Select Inspect Element and In Developer Tools, you will see that the HTML source is selected. Right-click and click Copy as HTML option.
3. Paste the HTML source in Notepad++
4. Remove the Select tag from the top and bottom if it exists
5. Put the cursor at the top of the code and Press Ctrl + F
6. Go to Replace Tab and enter the following info:
Select Regular Expression as Search Mode and click on Replace All.
If options are already in the new line then no need to use \n in Replace With option.
You will get all options in plain text. If there are a lot of options, It will save a bunch of time.
- December 6, 2022 @ 17:23:08 [Current Revision] by Sharing Solution
- December 6, 2022 @ 17:23:08 by Sharing Solution