If you face this issue "exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE: Syntax error or access violation: 1139 Got error 'this version of PCRE is compiled without UTF support at offset 0' from regexp'"
It means your web server doesn't support UTF-8.
I had the same error after an upgrade from ubuntu 14.04 to 16.04.
I'm using lampp 5.6.20 and had the same error in the requests using REGEXP.
With the below command, I detected this lib doens't have UTF-8 support:
$ /opt/lampp/bin/pcretest -C ... No UTF-8 support ...
I found that I must recompile my lampp PCRE with these options:
To do that I downloaded pcre-8.38 and in the extracted folder I executed the next command:
$ ./configure --enable-utf8 --enable-unicode-properties $ make $ sudo make install
Then I copied all generated files in the
.libs folder to the
/opt/lampp/lib folder :
$ sudo cp .libs/* /opt/lampp/lib
Then confirmed support for UTF-8:
$ /opt/lampp/bin/pcretest -C ... UTF-8 support ...
Lastly I restarted my lampp (to restart mysql or MariaDB) :
$ sudo /opt/lampp/lampp restart
- June 20, 2016 @ 16:54:23 [Current Revision] by admin
- June 20, 2016 @ 16:54:23 by admin